Eye Exams That Enable You To See Into The Future!
Our north Edmonton eye clinic specializes in advanced eye exams and prescription eyeglasses. Schedule an appointment with us today, and you will see how and why our Edmonton eye exams are considered one of the most thorough, comprehensive, advanced, and personalized available. Visit our optometrists and opticians at our optometry clinic today, and you will see how professional patient-first personalized eye care and eyewear enables you to be your very best. See into the future with an eye exam from our Edmonton eye doctors today!Schedule An Exam Our Optometrists
Eye-deology Vision Care, North Edmonton
What Makes Our Edmonton Eye Exams The Best Available!
- Experienced Edmonton Optometrists: When it comes to providing healthcare, there is no substitute for experience and know-how.
- Personalized Care: Every person and every eye is unique. We customize eye care based on the needs of our patients.
- A Professional Team That Cares: Eye care requires a team effort. Every one of our professionals contributes to patient care and service.
- State-of-the-Art Diagnostic Technology: Technologies promote the early detection of diseases causing irreversible vision loss.
- Thoroughness: Patient-first service that dedicates the time, resources, and know-how to provide world-class eye care.
- Patient Education: Our eye care professionals make every visit a friendly, informative learning experience.
Eye-deology Vision Care, North Edmonton
Our Eye Exams: 25+ Advanced Tests & Digital Scans
The human eye consists of more than 2 million parts. Accordingly, it requires numerous tests to evaluate their function, coordinated behaviour, and overall health. Moreover, much like x-rays allow dentists to see below the surface of a tooth, modern advanced optometric diagnostic technologies such as wide-angle digital retinal photography, Ocular Coherence Tomography (OCT), Humphrey vision field analysis, and corneal topography allow our optometrists to see more of your eyes so that you may never see less. Investing in the latest diagnostic technologies, performing advanced digital scans, and devoting more time to provide personalized care enables our optometrists to diagnose and treat of eye diseases before they cause significant irreversible vision loss.Schedule An Eye Exam
What Is Included In Our Edmonton Eye Exams
1. Eye Exam Pre-Testing
Corneal Thickness | Intraocular Pressures | Visual Field
Pre-testing is a detailed process that gathers all necessary information for the optometrist in advance of the optometrist-administered eye examination. This process involves completing a detailed patient history, as well as a series of standard tests. Pre-testing is an essential part of the comprehensive eye exam process, providing valuable information and visuals for both the optometrist and the patient.More About Eye Exam Pre-Testing »
2. Advanced Diagnostic Testing
Retinal Photography, OCT, Topography
eye-deology Vision Care differentiates itself from other clinics by having the most advanced modern diagnostic specialty testing instrumentation. Specialty diagnostic instrumentation, such as a wide-angle high-resolution retinal imager, Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer and corneal topographer, ensures that patients receive the best comprehensive eye care.More About Eye Exam Advanced Testing »
3. Optometrist Examination
Health Assessment & Disease Diagnosis
eye-deology Vision Care Edmonton optometrists perform a multitude of tests and assessments to evaluate ocular health, eye coordination, and visual acuity. In addition, they also evaluate the results of the tests and scans performed during pre-testing. As part of patient education, our optometrists also take the time to show and explain results to patients.More About Doctor Exam »
4. Eye Glass Consult
Prescription | Lens Selection | Digital Fitting
If you require corrective lenses to improve your vision, our licensed opticians will customize their fit to your unique attributes, needs, lifestyle, and budget. Our opticians are happy to provide you with information about the latest eyeglass frame and lens technologies available so you can make informed decisions and begin seeing and looking your best.More About Eyewear Consult »
Our Eye Exam Types
Child Eye Exams
80% of childhood learning is visual. Provide your child a clear path to academic success with annual eye exams from our Edmonton optometrists.
Adult Eye Exams
Comprised of 25+ modern diagnostic tests and digital scans, our adult eye exams are one of the most advanced and thorough available.
Senior Eye Exams
Maintain a clear outlook on life in retirement and your golden years with annual eye exams and eye care from our Edmonton eye doctors.
Contact Lens Eye Exams
Contact lens wearers require several additional test and scans to ensure eye health, lens fit, and visual acuity unique to contact lenses.
Diabetic Eye Exams
Diabetes can cause permanent vision loss. Annual diabetic eye exams from our Edmonton eye doctors will help ensure your vision is never lost.
Surgical Eye Exams
Corrective eye surgery requires both pre- and post-operation eye exams. Our Edmonton optmetrists provide effective and convenient surgical eye care.
Why Patients Choose Us For Their Eye Exams
Our team of eye doctors has a combined total of over 40 years of experience, treating thousands of patients. Their extensive experience enables them to accurately diagnose and provide treatment and care for you.
Our optometrists use advanced diagnostic technologies, including digital retinal photography, OCT, corneal topography, and visual field analysis, to help detect and treat eye diseases as early as possible.
Comprehensive Eye Exams
Regular eye exams are necessary regardless of your age or your physical health. Children and seniors should see an optometrist (i.e., eye doctor) annually, while healthy adults should have their eyes examined at least once every two years. Eye exams are necessary for assessing eye coordination and muscle balance, evaluating visual acuity, and, most importantly, for determining overall ocular health.
A comprehensive eye exam is different than a sight/vision test. Only licensed optometrists and ophthalmologists can perform comprehensive eye exams and diagnose/treat eye diseases. eye-deology Vision Care optometrists have the expertise and modern technologies that will best serve your eye care needs and vision.
Eye Exam vs. Sight Test
Some optical stores offer sight (or vision) tests, which rely solely on automated equipment. A sight test is NOT a proper comprehensive eye exam. Only a trained and licensed professional doctor of optometry or ophthalmology can perform a comprehensive eye exam. Optometrists and ophthalmologists have the education, training, and knowledge to examine, diagnose, treat, manage, and help prevent diseases and disorders affecting the visual system, the eye and related structures, check an individual's prescription, and prescribe eyewear.
Canadians Live With A Major Eye Condition or Disease
Canadians Live With Age-Related Macular Degeneration
of Canadian School Age Children Have A Vision Problem
Eye-deology Vision Care, North Edmonton
When To See An Optometrist For An Eye Exam
- Annually: Annual eye health exams are highly recommended for all individuals as they are the only way to prevent irreversible vision loss.
- Changes To Vision: Noticeable changes to vision - clarity, field of vision, double vision, etc.
- Learning Issues: Children experiencing difficulties learning and reading often require corrective eyewear.
- Diabetic: Diabetes can cause diabetic retinopathy and vision loss. Diabetics should get semi-annual eye exams.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy can cause changes to vision. A visit to an optometrist can help correct vision.
- Eye Pain: Experiencing eye pain or discomfort while wearing contact lenses.
- Eye Emergency: Immediate loss of vision, eye infections, foreign body in the eye.
Edmonton Eye Care & Vision Care
Why Regular Eye Exams Are Important
Regular eye health exams play an important role in general health maintenance for adults and children, alike. More specifically, regular eye exams are important to:
- Diagnose & Treat Eye Diseases / Disorders: Optometrists check for signs of eye disease, like glaucoma and macular degeneration, or ocular conditions that can affect your vision.
- Diagnose Systemic Diseases / Health Conditions: Eye exams can help diagnose diabetes, hypertension, cancer, and help facilitate medical treatment.
- Maintain Clear Vision: Eye exams ensure that your vision is always at its best and that you can see clearly at near, intermediate, and far distances.
- Ensure Academic, Career & Life Success: 80% of learning is visual. Regular eye exams are the only way to be certain that both children and adults have the visual acuity needed to succeed.
- Mitigate Myopia: More children are developing nearsightedness. Myopia put individuals at greater risk of develop vision-threatening conditions (e.g., retinal detachments, glaucoma, etc.) later in life
- Reducing Strain & Stress: Clear vision reduces eye strain and the stress related to eye strain. This means fewer headaches, stiff necks, sore shoulders, and less overall physical stress.
General Edmonton Eye Exam Questions
Annual eye exams are especially important for children and seniors, and for those individuals with systemic conditions, such as diabetes.
Our Edmonton Optometrists
Searching for an optometrist in Edmonton? Our experienced Edmonton eye doctors use advanced modern technologies and devote upwards of 500% more time towards providing personalized patient care than elsewhere so that they can see more and ensure that you may never see less. Position yourself to see the future with a visit to our eye clinic and Edmonton's best eye care!
Learn Why Our Edmonton Optometrists Are The Best!