Looking For Children's Glasses in Edmonton? We Can Provide Your Child With A Clear Future!
25% of kids between the ages of 2 and 17 need corrective prescription eyewear. Sadly, not all places sell children's prescription glasses of the same calibre. To craft superior prescription eyewear, expert knowledge, materials, a dedication to accuracy, technical understanding, and quality craftsmanship are required. The north Edmonton optometrists and opticians at Eye-deology Vision Care should be your first choice for your child's next pair of prescription glasses because of our 60+ years of experience caring for children, our large selection of high-quality children's eyeglass frames, and our customizable lenses designed to withstand the active lifestyles of kids.Schedule An Exam Our Optometrists
Eye-deology Vision Care Kids Glasses:
This Is Why Our Children's Glasses Are The Best
- Experienced Eye Doctors & Opticians: When recommending, customizing, and constructing custom children's glasses, there is no substitute for experience.
- Customized, Tailored Fitting: Every child is different. We customize glasses for the unique prescription, size, shape, style, and lifestyle of each child.
- Modern Digital Measurement Technologies: Glasses are individually crafted with sub-millimetre accuracy, ensuring that your child can see their absolute best.
- Frame Inventory: With a huge selection of children's eyeglass frames, we have a frame in every shape, size, colour, style, and price point for every child.
- Advanced Lenses: We use high-performing prescription lenses from top brands like Hoya, Zeiss, and Essilor.
- First Class Coatings: Children play hard! Lens coatings that offer superior scratch-resistance, anti-reflection, and blue light filtering protect your child's eyeglass lenses, extend their lifespan, and offer easy viewing.
- Meticulous Craftmanship: All children's eyeglasses undergo several stages of quality control and quality assurance.
- Lifetime Adjustments: Active lifestyles can shift lenses and nose pads out of alignment. Enjoy complementary adjustments to your child's eyeglasses at our optical.
- Well-Being Warranty: All children's eyeglasses include a patient well-being manufacturer's warranty against flaws and defects.
Edmonton Kids Eyewear.
What We Factor & Consider to Make Exceptional Children's Eyeglasses
Our Edmonton eye doctors and opticians factor for the following to customize eyeglasses specifically for your child:
- Your Eyeglass Prescription
- Eyeglass Frame Shape, Size & Type
- Frame Fit
- Lifestyle - How Your Child Uses Their Eyes The Most And Their Favourite Activiites
- Personal Style - colour, shape, materials (metal vs. plastic)
- Lens Type
- Lens Refractive Index
- Lens Coatings
- Personal Measurements
Expertly Crafted Kids Glasses.
Children's Eyeglasses: Your Child's Prescription Factors In Selecting A Suitable Frame
Your child's eyeglass prescription directly impacts the most suitable lens design, type and refactive index so that they may see their best. In exchange, these features can help establish the frames best suited for them. Similarly, your child's lifestyle preferences - how they prefer to use their eyes most frequently, and their preferred activities, can influence which frame type, strength, size, weight, elasticity, and material type can offer the greatest benefits in terms of durability, longevity, and wearability. Generally speaking, your child will need more advanced, personalized lenses and a custom-fitted frame the higher their prescription is or the greater the prescription imbalance is between their eyes. Our skilled, licenced opticians in north Edmonton are here to tailor glasses to your child's specific needs.Schedule a V.eye.P. Child Eyewear Fitting
Kids Glasses At Eye-deology Vision Care.
Children's Prescription Eyewear: See Everything Clearly
The idea that eye care and eyewear are two entirely separate services is a common misconception. Our Edmonton optometrists and professional opticians collaborate with top laboratories, much like architects and carpenters, to recommend, select, fit, and craft high performance eyeglasses that addresses the specific optical, health, and lifestyle requirements of your child. We craft eyeglasses personlized to your child by diagnosing their needs, presenting lens and frame options that address them, and a commitment to detail and quality - this enables your child to see their absolute best.Schedule An Eyeglass Fitting For Your Child
Eye-deology Vision Care Optical.
Children's Prescription Glasses: Financial Assistance In Edmonton
Live in Edmonton and need financial assistance? The Alberta Child Health Benefit, Alberta Adult Health Benefit, and Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) programs of the province of Alberta provide financial support to Albertans in need, who are eligible. Have a child beginnning school? The Alberta Eye See...Eye Learn Program provides children in kindergarten with a free pair of eyeglasses in support of their academic careers. Lastly, Alberta Health Services covers the costs of all eye care servcies for children under 19 years of age. This includes the cost of one comprehensive eye exam per year.Schedule Your Child An Eyeglass Fitting
Child Eye Exams
Enable your child to see the future with annual eye exams, comprised of 25+ tests and digital scans, from our experienced Edmonton optometrists.
Myopia management slows the advancement of myopia, descreasing the likelihood of developing eye disease and retinal detachments later in life.
Blue Light Glasses
Maintain healthy sleep patterns, reduce the likelihood of dry eye symptoms, and minimize eye strain with blue light filtering glasses.
Children's Glasses FAQ
- Always use both hands to put eyeglasses on and take them off. Using one hand can damage the temples, nose pads, and misalign the optics.
- Always place them in their protective case, lenses facing upward, when they are not being worn.
- Always use a microfibre cloth and eyeglass-specific cleaner to clean eyeglasses. Using a shirt, paper towel, and/or household cleaners can scratch and damage the lenses and lens coatings.
- Rinsing eyeglasses with room temperature water before using a microfibre cloth ensures that dirt and particles are not pressed into the lens when wiping.
- Supply us with a hard copy or digital copy of your child's prescription signed by the prescribing optometrist;
- Authorize our eye care professionals to request your child's prescription on your behalf from the prescribing clinic; or
- If your child's prescription is not current or you feel that it may have changed, we would happily schedule an eye exam for you with one of our optometrists.
Eyeglass & Sunglass Brands
Prescription Lens Brands
Our Edmonton Optometrists
Searching for an optometrist in Edmonton? Our experienced Edmonton eye doctors use advanced modern technologies and devote upwards of 500% more time towards providing personalized patient care than elsewhere so that they can see more and ensure that you may never see less. Position yourself to see the future with a visit to our eye clinic and Edmonton's best eye care!
Dr. Jennifer Ash, OD
Dr. Jennifer Ash is the Resident Optometrist at Eye-deology Vision Care. Dr. Ash provides patient care 5 days a week. Read more about Dr. Ash.
Dr. Ruhee Kurji, OD
Dr. Ruhee Kurji is an Associate Optometrist at Eye-deology Vision Care. Dr. Kurji provides patient care Tuesdays & Fridays. Read more about Dr. Kurji.
Dr. Jade McLachlin, OD
Dr. Jade McLachlin is an Associate Optometrist at Eye-deology Vision Care. Dr. McLachlin provides patient care 5 days a week. Read more about Dr. McLachlin.
Learn Why Our Edmonton Optometrists Are The Best!