North Edmonton Optometrists, Opticians & Eyewear
See into the future with complete eye exams, myopia management, specialty testing, prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, safety glasses, contact lenses, scleral contact lenses, designer frames, and custom eyeglass lenses available at our family-operated optometry clinic and optical in North Edmonton. See the optometrists (i.e., eye doctors) and opticians at our north Edmonton location today to experience how personalized, patient-first eye care and eyewear enables you to perform at your absolute best.Schedule An Exam Our Optometrists Our Optical
Our North Edmonton Location
Our eye care clinic and optical is conveniently located at the intersection of 97th Street (a.k.a. Canadian Forces Trail) & 167th Avenue NW in Namao Centre between ATB Financial & Sobeys. Accessible by 97th Steet and 167th Avenue via Anthony Henday Drive, Eye-deology Vision Care is only minutes away.
eye-deology Vision Care
Optometrists | Opticians | Eyewear
Edmonton, AB T5Z 3S3
North Edmonton Eye Doctors and Eye Care Experts
A full range of eye care services and eyewear are available at our North Edmonton eye clinic and optical. Our optometrists perform comprehensive eye exams, specialty testing, diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases (such as glaucoma and macular degeneration), laser eye surgery co-management, myopia management, and emergency services.
Edmonton Eyeglass Specialists
Prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, safety glasses, custom contact lens fitting, expert eyewear fitting, repairs, and more are all proudly available from us. Our North Edmonton optical has eyewear for every prescription, style, and price range thanks to an incredible selection of designer frames, sunglasses, and budget-friendly frames, along with prescription lenses from the best manufacturers on the planet.
Personalized Eye Care
Individualized patient care sets Eye-deology Vision Care apart from other eye care clinics. You can anticipate receiving top-notch care when you visit our north Edmonton clinic. The elite eye care experience is only possible because of our skilled North Edmonton optometrists, experienced opticians, and compassionate clinical staff. Our professionals, cutting-edge technology, and extended exam times enable us to provide the finest eye care in Edmonton.Schedule An Eye Care Appointment
TO 60% OFF
Find designer eyeglass and sunglass frames on sale for up to 60% OFF. These savings will only be available for a limited time.
BOGO 50% OFF
Purchase one pair of premium prescription eyelgass/sunglass lenses and receive 50% OFF your second pair. Conditions Apply.
TO $150 REBATES
Purchase a 6-month or year supply of contact lenses and qualify for a mail-in rebate of up to $150.
The eye-deology Vision Care Advantage
Experienced North Edmonton Optometrists
The Only Source of Knowledge Is Experience
Our north Edmonton optometrists have practised optometry for more than 40 years, performing eye exams, diagnosing and treating various eye conditions and diseases, custom fitting contact lenses to patients, and personalizing prescriptions for glasses. Additionally, the collective experience of our licenced opticians measuring, fitting, craftomg, and dispensing eyewear exceeds 25 years.Schedule An Eye Exam
Licensed Professional Opticians
You Are One Of A Kind. We Customize Eye Care & Eyeglasses To You
The optometrists and opticians at eye-deology Vision Care believe that exceptional eye care and quality eyewear can only be achieved when an individual's unique attributes and requirements are fully assessed. Our north Edmonton eye care professionals listen and tailor eye care and prescription eye glasses, sunglasses, and safety glasses specifically for you.Schedule An Eye Glass Fitting
World Class Vision Care
Modern Technology. Never See Less Because We See More
Our optometrists in north Edmonton can see your eyes more clearly than others thanks to investments in contemporary advances in technology, helping to ensure that you will never see less. These cutting-edge modern technologies enable the early diagnosis and treatment of eye conditions and diseases that can result in permanent vision loss. Few other clinics make investments of this magnitude in patient care and quality of life.Schedule An Eye Exam
Patient-First Eye Care
Direct Billing. Convenient Eye Care In Edmonton
We work hard to make getting eye care and prescription eyewear easy and stress-free. We relieve patients of paperwork by providing the ability to direct bill most major health benefits plans providers, including Alberta Blue Cross, Sun Life, Great West Life, Manulife, Industrial Alliance, Green Shield, Quikcard, and more.Schedule An Eye Exam
The eye-deology Experience
Informative Experience. Learn About How We Care For You
Learning about your health is essential. Equally important is comprehending your eyewear requirements and your options. Throughout your examination, treatment, and eyewear consult, our staff dedicates the time and effort to educate and inform patients. We think that well-informed patients make wise choices and wise choices ensure a clear future!Schedule An Eye Exam
Customized Eye Glasses
Amazing Eyewear. To Be At Your Best You Need To See At Your Best
Our north Edmonton eye care professionals believe that exceptional eye care is only possible when an individual's medical condition, biological attributes, and lifestyle needs are fully recognized and assessed. Accordingly, our optometrists and opticians account for multiple factors when customizing eye care and eyewear for you. Seeing your best requires the best eye care and the eyewear best crafted to you and your lifestyle needs.Schedule Eye Glass Fitting
Frequently Asked Questions
Given that individuals only have two eyes, the importance vision is to quality life, livelihood, and lifestyle, and that once vision is lost it cannot be returned, we recommend that individuals get an eye doctor-performed eye exam annually. This ensures that eye diseases and disorders can be diagnosed and treated early before causing significant, irreversible vision loss.
Annual eye exams are especially important for children and seniors, and for those individuals with systemic conditions, such as diabetes.
- Ages 0-18 (Children): Alberta Health Care covers one complete eye exam per year. Additional exams and/or treatments may be covered based on medical needs. Ask your doctor of optometry for information about coverage and potential costs for specific visual conditions. Alberta Health Care covers medically necessary services.
- Ages 19-64 (Adulsts): Alberta Health Care does not cover eye exams, however many Albertans have insurance coverage through their employer or their own medical plan. We offer convenient direct-billing to most majory health benefits plans. Alberta Health Care does cover medically necessary services.
- Age 65+ (Seniors): Alberta Health Care covers one complete eye exam per year. Additional exams and/or treatments may be covered based on medical needs, such as glaucoma, diabetes or cataract follow-up or monitoring. Ask your doctor of optometry for information about coverage and potential costs for specific visual conditions. Alberta Health Care covers medically necessary services.
- Medically Necessary/Urgent Care: includes eye infections or injuries, foreign objects in the eyes, sudden change in vision, monitoring for diabetes issues, glaucoma, and retinal disease, and post-operative care for cataract patients.
Yes, we have the ability to direct-bill most major health benefits plans.
Please be mindful that every health benefits plan is unique and that some may not permit eye care providers, like us, to bill directly on behalf of the plan holder (i.e., the patient). Due to privacy laws, eye care providers do not have access to plan details prior to the act of requesting payment. Accordingly, it is the responsibility of the patient to be aware of any billing limitations associated with their benefits plan(s). It is also the responsibility of the patient to be aware of the amount of coverage they have and the date on which their benefits are renewed or replenished (i.e., annually).
Health benefits plan providers can sometimes limit the ability to direct bill plans based on the following:
- Benefit Plan. For example, the benefits plans held by many federal public servants do not permit eye care providers to direct-bill. Therefore, patients must provide payment and then personally submit their claim to their benefits plan provider for reimbursement.
- Day of Service. For example, some benefits plan providers manually review, adjudicate and/or audit claims for direct-billing. Their capacity to review, adjudicate, and/or audit claims can sometimes fluctuate throughout the week, especially on weekends. Therefore, patients must provide payment and be reimbursed by their benefits provider
- Balance Billing. For example, in cases where the patient would like to direct-bill two or more benefit plans, the secondary plan provider may require documentation of the amount covered by the primary plan. Therefore, patients must provide (partial) payment and then personally submit their claim to their secondary benefit plan provider for reimbursement.
Our North Edmonton Optometrists
Learn Why Our North Edmonton Optometrists Are The Best!