Prescription Safety Glasses: Custom Vision & Protection
More than 700 Canadian workers per day sustain eye injuries on the job. Flying or falling particles account for 70 percent of eye injuries. Nearly 60 percent of the objects are smaller than a pinhead. Workers who need prescription safety eyeglasses can experience eye fatigue if they do not have a suitable frame for their prescription. The prescription, the lens material, the frame shape, and frame size all have to work well together. Visit the eye care professionals at eye-deology Vision Care for prescription safety glasses that address your personal needs and the needs of your workplace or job site.Schedule An Exam Our Optometrists
Eye-deology Vision Care, Edmonton.
Our Prescription Safety Glasses: What Makes Them The Best
- Experienced Optometrists & Opticians: When it comes to prescribing and crafting safety eyewear, there is no substitute for experience.
- Personalized Selection & Fitting: Prescription, size, shape, style, lifestyle, budget - every person is unique. We customize eyewear to our patients.
- State-of-the-Art Digital Measurements: Seeing your best requires prescripiton safety glasses tailored specifically to you with sub-millimeter accuracy.
- Safety Standards: Our prescription safety glasses meeting CSA and ANSI safety standards.
- Frame Selection: With more than 1,000 frames, we have an eyeglass frame in every shape, size, colour, styles and price point, and for every patient.
- Modern Lenses: We use high performance prescription safety lenses from some of the best manufacturers, including Hoya, Zeiss, and Essilor.
- Customizable Features: Lens tints, side/top shields, padding - we can customize safety glasses to requirements of any job site.
- Exceptional Coatings: Harder than glass scratch-resistance, anti-reflection, and blue light filtering lens coatings protect your lenses and offer strain free vision.
- Commitment to Detail: All prescription safety eyewear undergo multiple phases of quality control and quality assurance.
- Free Adjustments: Bumps and knocks can shift lenses and nosepads out of alignment. Enjoy free lifetime safety eyewear adjustments at our clinic.
- Peace Of Mind Warranty: Our protective eyewear include a peace of mind manufacturer's warranty against flaws and defects.
Safety Eyewear Is More Than Just Protection.
Crafting Superior Safety Glasses: Considerations For Customization
Our eye care and eyewear professionals factor for the following to personalize eyewear specifically for you:
- Your Eyeglass Prescription
- Frame Shape, Size & Type
- Frame Fit
- Lifestyle - How You Use Your Eyes The Most
- Style/Frame Features
- Lens Type
- Lens Refractive Index
- Lens Coatings
- Personal Measurements
Getting The Best Safety Glasses.
Prescription Safety Glasses: Your Prescription Matters
Your eyeglass prescription heavily influences the lens design, type and index that you require to see your best. In turn, these parameters can help determine the frame options best suited to accommodate them. Likewise, your lifestyle and how you use your eyes most can influence which frame offers the greatest benefits in terms of frame type, ruggedness, dimensions, weight, flexibility, and material type. As a general rule, the higher your prescription or greater the prescription imbalance is between your eyes, the greater the need for more advanced, personalized lenses and a suitable frame. Our experienced licensed opticians are here to help tailor and craft eyewear to you and your needs.Schedule A Safety Glasses Fitting
Expertly Crafted Safety Eyewear Require Experts.
Prescription Safety Glasses: See Everything Clearly
A major misconception is that eye care and eyewear are distinctly separate services. Our optometrists, licensed opticians and labs work together, like architects and builders, to ensure that you receive the highest quality prescription safety eyewear that addresses your unique medical, vision, lifestyle, and budget needs. Understanding your needs, presenting protective eyewear options that address them, and a commitment to exceptional craftsmanship is how we tailor safety glasses specifically to you, enabling you to see your very best.Schedule A Safety Eyewear Fitting
The Canadian Safety Association.
CSA Standard Z94.3 For Protective Eyewear
The Canadian Safety Association (CSA) is a standards organization with the mission to enhance the lives of Canadians with the advancement of safety standards in the public and private sectors through research, development, education, and advocacy. The Z94.3 standard relates to Eye and Face Protector’s compliance for industrial and educational processes. Hazards covered by this standard include, flying particles / objects, heat sparks, chemical splashes, molten metal, airborne droplets, and visible and infrared radiation. For any prescription safety glasses to meet CSA Safety Standards, they must meet exact criteria for which materials can be used and how they are manufactured. They must also be sufficiently thick to pass the Impact Resistance Test, consisting of a 46-gram steel ball hitting the lens surface at an impact velocity of 46 meters per second.Schedule A Safety Eyewear Fitting
Different Lenses For Maximum Safety.
Selecting The Lens Material For Maximum Impact Resistance
Safety frames are manufactuered to be stronger than street-wear frames and often offer heat resistance as well. They are also designed to prevent lenses from being pushed into the eyes. Safety glases are typically manufactured using polycarbonate lenses. Polycarbonate lenses offer the most impact resistance, are lightweight, can be coated with scratch resistant lens coatings, and possess built-in UV protection. Trust our Edmonton opticans with your next pair of prescription safety glasses.Schedule A Safety Eyewear Consult
Employee Safety Made Easy.
Safety Glasses Programs in Edmonton: Eyesafe™
Eyesafe™ is a prescription safety eyewear program that is free for employers to join. It manages your compliance, provides significant savings, and offers the best level of services in the industry.
If you are an employee who works for a company that is a member of the Eyesafe™ program, you are going to get a perfect pair of prescription safety glasses that will keep you safe and comfortable on the job. Learn what you need to do to get things started.Schedule A Safety Eyewear Fitting
Need your prescription safety glasses to have progressive lenses? Our Edmonton opticans can craft them to your unique specifications.
Lens Tints & Coatings
Customize your safety glasses with lens tints to reduce glare and anti-scratch coatings to improve durability and longevity.
Life happens and bumps and drops are part of the journey. Our Edmonton opticans are here to help you regain clear vision when accidents occur.
FYEyes Blog Posts
Cost Of Prescription Safety Glasses
Several features factor into the average price point of prescription safety glasses.
Sports Related Eye Injuries
Eye injuries occur when playing sports. Learn which sports have higher likelihood of eye injury.
Polarized tinted lenses improve visual comfort and reduce glare. Learn how they provide increased visual performance.
Polycarbonate lenses are a common choice for safety glasses, but other lens options exist that may be a better choice.
Prescription Safety Glasses FAQ
- The safest way to remove particles from the lenses is by running your eyewear under room temperature water. This prevents grinding hard particles into the lens surface.
- Always use the recommended/provided lens cleaner and microfibre cloth. Never use use window cleaner (i.e., Windex) or solvents, as they can damage lens coatings and lens material. Also, never use your shirt or paper paper towel to clean your glasses, as they have fibres that can scatch lenses.
- Always rinse and clean your safety eyewear at the end of the work day, as dust particles (i.e. cement/cocnrete dust) can mix with prespiration and bond to your eyewear.
- Never leave your eyewear in your vehicles. Temperatures inside vehicles can become incredibly hot or cold and these extreme temperatures can cause damage to lens coatings.
Safety Glasses Brands
Eyeglass & Sunglass Brands
Prescription Lens Brands
Our Edmonton Optometrists
Searching for an optometrist in Edmonton? Our experienced Edmonton eye doctors use advanced modern technologies and devote upwards of 500% more time towards providing personalized patient care than elsewhere so that they can see more and ensure that you may never see less. Position yourself to see the future with a visit to our eye clinic and Edmonton's best eye care!
Dr. Jennifer Ash, OD
Dr. Jennifer Ash is the Resident Optometrist at Eye-deology Vision Care. Dr. Ash provides patient care 5 days a week. Read more about Dr. Ash.
Dr. Ruhee Kurji, OD
Dr. Ruhee Kurji is an Associate Optometrist at Eye-deology Vision Care. Dr. Kurji provides patient care Tuesdays & Fridays. Read more about Dr. Kurji.
Dr. Jade McLachlin, OD
Dr. Jade McLachlin is an Associate Optometrist at Eye-deology Vision Care. Dr. McLachlin provides patient care 5 days a week. Read more about Dr. McLachlin.
Learn Why Our Edmonton Optometrists Are The Best!