Transitions vs. Transitions XtrActive Lenses
Transitions lenses and Transitions Xtractive lenses are both photochromic lenses that darken in response to UV light. However, there are some differences between these two types of eyeglass lenses.
- Transitions XtrActive lenses are designed to get darker than regular Transitions lenses. In fact, they can get up to 2x as dark in some cases, making them a better choice for people who spend a lot of time in bright sunlight.
- Transitions XtrActive lenses may take a little longer to activate than regular Transitions lenses. This difference in activation speed may be more noticeable in low-light conditions.
- Transitions lenses have a slight gray tint when they are fully activated, while Transitions XtrActive lenses have a slight red or brown tint. The tint color of the lenses may affect the color perception of the wearer.
- Transitions XtrActive lenses are available in both plastic and glass, while regular Transitions lenses are also available in polycarbonate and Trivex materials.
- Transitions XtrActive lenses are designed to work in a wider range of outdoor lighting conditions, including partial sunlight and even behind the windshield of a car. Regular Transitions lenses may not work as well in these conditions.
- Transitions XtrActive lenses are generally more expensive than regular Transitions lenses.
Ultimately, the choice between Transitions lenses and Transitions XtrActive lenses depends on individual needs and preferences. Factors such as desired darkness, activation speed, and outdoor/vehicle performance may all influence the decision. It is important to consult with an eye care professional to determine which type of photochromic lens is best for you.Schedule An Appointment
FYEyes Blog Posts
Photochromic Lenses: Pros and Cons
Photochromic lenses are 2-in-1 solution with several pros and cons.
Looking to minimize glare and reduce eye strain? Polarized sunglasses may be for you.
Benefits of Wearing Sunglasses
Sunglasses offer numerous health benefits. Learn more.
Invest in your child's health and future with eyeglasses professionally custom-crafted to their individual needs and active lifestyles.
Upgrade your vision and your look with new women's eyeglass styles. Find your new vision and look at our Edmonton optical.
See your best and be your best with eyeglasses designed specifically for your work environment and lifestyle preferences.