Benefits of Wearing Sunglasses
In addition to reducing eye strain, sunglasses can protect your eyes from a host of health conditions caused by ultraviolet (UV) rays including:
- Skin Cancer - Almost 10% of skin cancers are found on eyelids.
- Cataracts - Cloudiness in the lens of the eye due to exposure to UV.
- Macular Degeneration - Damage to the light-sensing cells which allow individuals the clearly see fine details.
- Pterygium - Abnormal growth of tissue around the eye.
- Photokeratitis - A sunburn to the eye that can cause blurred vision and feel like sand paper.
FYEyes Blog Posts
Photochromic Lenses: Pros and Cons
Photochromic lenses are 2-in-1 solution with several pros and cons.
Transitions vs. Transitions XtrActive Lenses
Understand the difference between Transitions and XtrActive lenses.
Looking to minimize glare and reduce eye strain? Polarized sunglasses may be for you.