Benefits of Wearing Sunglasses
In addition to reducing eye strain, sunglasses can protect your eyes from a host of health conditions caused by ultraviolet (UV) rays including:
- Skin Cancer - Almost 10% of skin cancers are found on eyelids.
- Cataracts - Cloudiness in the lens of the eye due to exposure to UV.
- Macular Degeneration - Damage to the light-sensing cells which allow individuals the clearly see fine details.
- Pterygium - Abnormal growth of tissue around the eye.
- Photokeratitis - A sunburn to the eye that can cause blurred vision and feel like sand paper.